Lehenga and Gharara are almost the same, but there are a few differences. Earlier, both these were worn regularly by women, but the glamour quotient was missing. But today, we have so many fashionable designs that impress us, and at the same time provide utmost comfort. Lehenga and Gharara both are ethnic wear and can be worn for almost every occasion.
What are the Differences?
Lehenga & Choli
A lehenga and choli both consist of a single attire. Lehenga is worn below the navel while choli is worn on the upper body. It can be contrasting or the same colour. The usage of lehenga choli has significantly increased in the last few decades because of its great use by celebrities in the movies.
Lehenga choli is one of the top choices for women during marriage, sangeet and other wedding-related functions. This fabulous Indian dress comes in diverse fabrics such as net, velvet, crepe, silk, and more. The designs are absolutely fantastic at Hatkay.com, and you will be spoilt for choice without a doubt.
Gharara & Choli
Both consist of a single attire. Gharara will be flared pants. It looks like a skirt. Usually, a lehenga has a shorter blouse and a flared skirt along with a dupatta. A Gharara is fitted right from the waist to the knees. Additional fabric is added at the knees, and a flare falls down the knees. Lace can be appended at the keen so as to hide the joint.
It is perfect wear for evening parties, family occasions, and related occasions. We have a magnificent collection of gharara suits that you will fall in love with. So, shop till you drop!
What are the Similarities?
Some of the similarities that a Gharara and a lehenga choli have are:
- Lehenga and Gharara are the most popular dresses in south Asia now.
- These are worn by women in all traditional events such as a wedding, festivals, etc.
- Both require a great amount of fabric, which ranges from 8 metres to 12 metres.
- Lehenga and Gharara are embellished heavily.
How to Style When You Wear a Lehenga or a Gharara
- If you have a big event to attend such as a wedding, then make sure you wear a heavily embellished outfit.
- Ensure the embroidery is heavy with elements like zari work, gota patti, sequins, etc.
- If you are attending a small occasion like a get-together, simple attire is good enough.
- Make sure you pair the outfit with nice heels. For an even comfy look, team up your outfit with a nice pair of juttis.
- Your hair should be styled very well. You may leave the hair naturally or curl it nicely.
- Your makeup should be very perfect for a striking look overall.
As you now know how to style when you wear a lehenga or a gharara, start your shopping for the best lehenga or gharara at Hatkay.com.
We have the finest collection of the latest 2022 style lehenga and gharara designs. With the festive season just around the corner, we have equipped our online portal with more amazing designs in lehengas and gharara suits. Shop from the comfort of your home, and we will deliver it to your doorstep within no time, anywhere you live in this world. Enjoy shopping now at a reasonable price only at Hatkay.com.