Eid is an auspicious occasion for Muslim communities around the world, and it is celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm. One of the essential aspects of Eid celebrations is wearing new and beautiful dresses, which can range from traditional to modern styles.
Eid is a time for family and friends to come together and celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan. Dressing in new clothes, exchanging gifts, and gathering for prayers in the mosque or open-air spaces is the custom. If you are looking for the best Eid clothes, Hatkay.com is the top destination where you can find the finest quality clothing for Eid at affordable prices.
If you are living in another country and want to know about Eid and the kind of clothing to wear, here are Eid dresses for women shopping guide in the USA, UK, Canada, or any other foreign country.
Best Ethnic Dresses for Eid Festival
Whichever country you are in, the best ethnic outfits for the Eid festival depend on personal preference, cultural tradition, and the occasion. Here are some popular options to consider:
- Salwar Kameez: In India, Pakistan, and other South Asian nations, the salwar kameez is a traditional dress. A long tunic or top and flowy slacks make up the outfit. Depending on the location and occasion, the fabric, colours, and embroidery of the garment can change. It is a common option for the Eid festival because it is cozy and adaptable.
Check out Hatkay.com for the best collection of salwar kameez styles. From Punjabi suits, and Pakistani suits to Anarkali suits, Sharara suits, Churidar suits, and more, we have a stunning collection.
- Anarkali: A popular courtesan from the Mughal era is honoured by the name of a style of clothing called an Anarkali. The dress has a tight fit at the top and a flowing silhouette at the bottom. Anarkali gowns are frequently crafted from pricey materials like silk and adorned with dexterous beading or embroidery. They are a well-liked option for formal events like weddings and the Eid holiday.
Saree: Traditional Indian clothing known as a saree is made out of a long length of fabric that is wrapped around the body. The fabric can be draped in various ways to provide various effects. Its normal length is between 5 and 9 yards. Though it is not a dress, it is no doubt a popular choice for special occasions. Sarees have become a common choice for the Eid holiday because of their elegance and sophistication.
- Lehenga choli: A long skirt and a blouse make up the traditional Indian attire known as the lehenga choli. Usually covered with intricate embroidery, the skirt can be worn with a shawl or dupatta that matches. Because of their glitz and sophistication, lehenga cholis are a popular choice for weddings and formal occasions.
We have traditional lehengas, designer lehengas, and Bollywood lehengas as well. Choose the one that best meets your needs and helps you look absolutely great.
Abaya: Muslim women frequently dress in an abaya, which is a long, flowing robe. Except for the face, hands, and feet, the entire body is covered by modest attire. Abayas can be plain or decorated with sequins or embroidery and are made of materials like cotton, silk, and chiffon. They are a popular option for the Eid festival because they are stylish and comfortable.
- Kaftan: A kaftan is a comfortable and adaptable loose, flowing tunic. In the Middle East, North Africa, and other nations with a predominance of Muslims, it is frequently worn. Kaftans can be plain or decorated with embroidery, beads, or sequins and are made of many materials including cotton, silk, and chiffon. They are a popular option for laid-back events like family get-togethers and the Eid celebration.
I hope this detailed explanation helps you understand each of the ethnic outfits better and choose the one that suits your preference and occasion.
7 Tips for Women While Purchasing Eid Dresses
If you're looking to purchase the best Eid dresses, here are some tips to guide you:
- Consider the occasion: Eid celebrations can vary from simple family gatherings to grand events, so it's essential to consider the type of occasion you'll be attending. This will help you choose the appropriate dress style and level of formality.
- Choose the right colour: While traditional colours for Eid include white, black, and green, there is no hard and fast rule for colour selection. Choose colours that complement your skin tone, and consider colours that are in trend or match your personal style.
- Look for comfortable fabrics: Eid is a long day of celebration, so it's essential to wear comfortable fabrics that allow you to move freely and stay cool. Look for breathable fabrics such as cotton, silk, or chiffon.
- Consider the weather: Eid falls at different times of the year, so it's essential to consider the weather when selecting your dress. Choose lighter fabrics and shorter sleeves for hotter months, and opt for heavier fabrics and long sleeves for colder months.
- Choose the right fit: When purchasing an Eid dress, make sure you choose the right fit that flatters your body type. Try on different sizes and styles to find the best fit, and consider alterations if necessary.
- Think about accessories: Accessories can complete an outfit and add an extra touch of elegance. Consider adding a matching scarf or shawl, jewellery, or a handbag that compliments your dress.
- Be an early shopper: To avoid the last-minute rush, it's best to start shopping for your Eid dress early. This will give you time to explore different options, try on different styles, and make alterations if necessary.
By following these tips, you can purchase the best Eid dress that suits your style and personality.
Moreover, as part of the festival, exchanging gifts is considered more. So, if you are confused about what to shop for and present to your loved ones, here are some suggestions for you.
What Are the Best Eid Gifts to Shop for the Festival?
Eid festival is a joyous occasion for Muslims around the world, and gift-giving is a common tradition during the festivities. Below are some ideas for the best gifts to give on the Eid festival.
- Eid sweets and treats: Traditional Eid sweets such as baklava, maamoul, and sheer khurma are popular gifts during the festival. You can also consider giving a box of chocolates, a basket of fruit, or a platter of assorted snacks.
- Islamic books and literature: Giving Islamic books, Quran, or other literature on Islam and Muslim culture can be a thoughtful and meaningful gift. It can help deepen the recipient's understanding of their faith and provide spiritual guidance.
- Clothing and accessories: Clothes and accessories such as scarves, jewellery, and watches are popular Eid gifts. You can consider giving traditional ethnic wear or modern outfits, depending on the recipient's preference.
- Home decor: Home decor items such as lamps, vases, and decorative plates can be thoughtful gifts for someone who enjoys decorating their home. You can also consider giving Islamic art pieces or calligraphy.
- Gift cards and vouchers: If you are unsure about the recipient's preference, you can consider giving a gift card or voucher for their favourite store or restaurant. It allows the recipient to choose their own gift and enjoy a shopping or dining experience.
- Charity donations: Giving a donation to a charitable organisation on behalf of the recipient can be a meaningful and impactful gift. It can support a cause that the recipient is passionate about and bring blessings to those in need.
- Perfumes and beauty products: Perfumes and beauty products such as skincare sets, makeup palettes, and fragrances are popular Eid gifts, especially for women.
- Personalised gifts: Personalised gifts such as photo frames, mugs, and key chains can add a special touch to your gift. You can consider adding a personal message or the recipient's name to make it more meaningful.
- Toys and games: If the recipient is a child, you can consider giving toys and games such as puzzles, board games, or action figures. You can also consider giving educational toys that promote learning and creativity.
Remember that the best gift is one that is thoughtful and suits the recipient's personality and preference. Eid festival is a time for love, generosity, and compassion, so make sure your gift should reflect these values.
Where to Shop Eid Clothes in the USA, UK or Canada?
If you are in the USA or any other country and want to shop for the Eid festival, there are some options available to you. But we will let you know the best option.
- Check local stores: There will be local stores that offer traditional ethnic wear for the Eid festival, including Pakistani, Indian, and Middle Eastern clothing stores. But you may not find the best of the best ones, especially, because it is the most amazing festival, Eid, and you don’t want to compromise on your clothing.
So, it is better to shop online rather than go to local stores where the options are quite limited. Hatkay.com has plenty of options for Eid clothing, and we guarantee that you will be extremely impressed by the collection.
- Shop online: Online shopping is a convenient option for Eid shopping in the USA. Choose a top online store like Hatkay as we offer a wide range of traditional and modern Eid outfits, including Abayas, Kaftans, Kurtis, Lehenga choli, and Salwar Kameez.
The above-mentioned ones are the 2 best choices that you have. But, choosing to shop online is the best way. Depending on the country you are living in, there are other options as well to shop such as malls and local bazaars. But, it depends on you entirely as purchasing for the Eid festival needs clothing that is incredibly good, while you celebrate this mighty occasion in a grand way.
Tricks for Last-minute Eid Shoppers
If you're a last-minute Eid shopper, here are some tricks to help you make the most of your time and money:
- Make a list: Before you decide on the clothing to buy, make a list of everything you need to buy. Check the taste of each woman in your family, understand their taste and shop accordingly. This will help you stay focused and avoid wasting time on unnecessary things.
- Set a budget: It's important to set a budget for your Eid shopping to avoid overspending. Stick to your budget and look for deals and discounts to save money on clothing. At Hatkay.com, we have the finest deals right now as part of the Eid festival.
- Ask for help: If you're not sure what to buy or where to find something, don't be afraid to ask for help. Your friends or colleagues might have already bought from Hatkay, and they could help you with their suggestions and recommendations.
- Buy in bulk: If you're buying gifts for multiple people, consider buying items in bulk to save money. For example, you could buy a pack of small gift items and then divide them up among your friends and family.
- Shop early or late: This is the most important trick. If you're heading to the stores to buy Eid-related items, try to go early in the morning or late at night to avoid the crowds. This will help you get in and out quickly and avoid long lines.
The most important thing is to enjoy the holiday and spend time with your loved ones. Don't stress too much about anything. Make sure you have a fun experience with your family while celebrating Eid.
We hope our Eid dresses for women shopping guide in the USA, UK, Canada or any other country you live in will help you ease your shopping. There are many websites online, but only a few are the best. Hatkay.com is no doubt on the list of the best ones as we see women from across the world shop online with us. They are our regular customers for every festival as we always offer them a premium shopping experience. Enjoy shopping with us and happy Eid.