Salwar kameez is the second most popular Indian wear other than saree. This three pieces of Indian clothing comprises of a kurta or kameez which is worn as a shirt; a salwar pant which is a baggy style pant and lastly is the dupatta which completes the entire look of this ethnic wear attire.
In the past one decade, this piece of Indian clothing has also undergone a facelift. While earlier there were only two styles of salwar kameez – one worn with fitted churidar leggings and another style in which the kurta is teamed up with a pair of loose salwar pants. But nowadays, with immense advancement and creative development, salwar kameez is worn in various styles and forms.
These days women are extensively wearing salwar kameez as workwear and as occasion wear. Be it is your best friend’s sangeet or your sister’s Haldi ceremony, the market is filled with numerous options. From heavily embellished Anarkali style salwar suit to intricately embroidered palazzo kurta style, you will find plentiful options to choose from.
Why Shop for Salwar Kameez at Hatkay.com
• Find the most exclusive collection of salwar kameez in a myriad of bright and happy colors.
• Our online store offers endless style and design for salwar kameez sourced from different states of India.
• We are the only online store that is available 24x7 for customer assistance through WhatsApp.
• You will find the best of Indian ethnic fashion wear at affordable prices.
• Our collections of Indian salwar kameez designs are in-trend and updated so that our customers have an abundant choice. We believe in spoiling our customers for choices.
• Woven in an assorted selection of fabrics, our collection of salwar kameez is enhanced with stunning embellishments, exquisite embroideries, and interesting prints and patterns.
• We also display an exclusive collection of handloom salwar kameez portraying the richness of India’s weaves and textiles.
At Hatkay.com, you will be astounded by the collection of salwar kameez styles available online. You’re going to love every bit of it.
Young girls, working women, and busy moms, women from all walk of life wear salwar kameez; while their choices could be different.
1. A college-going girl may opt for a sleeveless kurta and churidar.
2. On the other hand, a working woman would love to experiment with her look hence she would team up her kurta with palazzo, straight pants, and ethnic trousers.
3. A housewife or a busy mom would find comfort in a Patiala salwar or a simple yet elegant salwar kameez.
4. But, if it is a celebration, most women chose to have a traditional look by donning up in a flared Anarkali suit.
5. Lastly, a bride-to-be will certainly have a selection of embellished salwar kameez designs in her wedding trousseau.
Bollywood celebrities love Salwar Kameez
Being one of the most comfortable, stylish, versatile and appealing attire, Salwar Kameez scores high against any other Indian ethnic wear. Most popular Bollywood celebs and iconic fashionistas of the film industry are often seen gracefully dressed up in a salwar kameez at various occasions. Be it is a store launch inaugural event, the red carpet, an extravagant wedding to attend or a glitzy party, Bollywood, as well as the television industry actresses, leave no stones unturned to garner applauds and appreciation for their fashionable looks in Indian salwar kameez look.
Just the way blouse designs can make or break a saree look, similarly, a dupatta is used as an accessory which enhances the entire salwar kameez look when draped in the right way. If we go by the latest trends, designers have introduced a fresh new look to a salwar kameez by adorning it with two different types of dupatta, draped in different styles. Fashion runways have showcased it and fashion stylists swear by the newness it brings to this versatile Indian ethnic attire.
Various looks of a salwar kameez
• Long frock style salwar kameez – One can team up this ankle length frock style kurta with a palazzo or leggings. But, if you wish to go modern, wear it as a long dress.
• A palazzo set is high on trend these days. The ideal way to wear a palazzo is to team it up with long straight kurtas.
• This may not be popular in metropolitan cities, but if one visits the outskirts of Punjab, the colorful Patiala suit teamed up a Phulkaridupatta looks immensely graceful.
• An Angrakha or Anarkali style kurta paired with a churidar offers a regal look when worn with a matching dupatta.
• Cocktail parties, social gatherings, red carpet duo or fashion events, a gown style salwar suit can do wonder and make you look like a diva.
• Lastly, trouser kurta set renders a sophisticated look. Working women prefer to don up this look to their work in order to maintain a clean and elegant look.
No matter which style of salwar kameez design you don up, give a finishing touch to your complete look with ideal accessories and jewelry.
In the present scenario, one may find a little improvisation in the hemline of the kurtas as well. Designers are creatively incorporating a modern touch to this Indian silhouette in order to make it more wearable and versatile. Kurtas with low high hem are beautifully teamed up ankle length leggings and are very popular among women of all age groups.
You can shop the gorgeous styles of salwar kameez design online at Hatkay.com. Browse through our collection on the basis of colors, prints, embellishments and more. Shopping online at Hatkay.com is an easy process. Go through our eclectic collection of salwar kameez designs and add it to the cart. Place the order, make payment online and your order will be delivered to your doorstep.